Sunday, November 3, 2013

Maxpedition Malaga Gearslinger Backpack Review

Pros:
  • "Goldilocks Zone" size
  • Durable
  • Ambidextrous
  • Quality zippers
  • Lots of pockets 
Cons:
  • Top front pocket only has 1 zipper pull which can let items fall out when the zipper is opened while the back is being carried in front in lefty mode.

It's been about a year and a half since I first put up the video review of my Maxpedition Malaga Gearslinger backpack and I still use it daily as my go-to EDC bag.  I often think to myself that I should get something else, just for a change, but this bag just works too darn well for my EDC use I can't justify prying open my wallet for anything else.

           

I have been super impressed how well this bag has held up over the last couple of years.  It shows virtually no signs of aging after being thrown here or shoved under here or squished behind this truck seat - literally day after day, year after year.  The zippers all still work great (although I would've liked 2 zipper pulls on the top front pocket instead of just the 1 that is on there) and the latch in the middle of the main carry strap still snaps tightly and releases smoothly.  I was wondering if that latch would stand the test of time since it is plastic but it has proven to be of quality construction.  In a nutshell - Maxpedtion stuff is built to last!

I know it is long but if you really want to know the ins and outs of this bag, check out my video review above. If you want to purchase one (which I doubt you will regret) you can get one here at Amazon.

Top City Gear is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment